Quantcast

Monday, February 6, 2012

the shape of spring: maxi skirt

Elle has a wonderful article in this month's issue about trendy "shapes" for Spring 2012. So far we have discussed peplum tops, knife pleats, and the boxy jacket, and the fourth and final "shape" is the maxi skirt. This season's maxi skirt is amped up with color, pleats, and now (cow)girl meets glam accessories.
Check out the article and the look I put together below... what do you think?
{chambray button down, J.Crew / Skirt, 2020Ave / boots, Vince Camuto / purse, Threadsence}
So ladies, save your maxi skirts and rock them with Western inspired pieces this Spring!
thoughts?
xx
Jessica

P.S. For those of you who are here because of the IT list, Welcome! I hope you will stay a second and check out my blog
Other posts from this week to explore:
- Bright yellow pants brighten up dull Winter days
- In fact I have been rocking yellow pants all Winter and can't wait to continue into Spring
- Are you getting a tax refund? Here is how I am dreaming of spending mine
- Has it been a cold Winter in your neck of the woods? It has been so mild here in Nashville, I am having to creatively mix my heavy winter clothes to put them to good use.

Have a great weekend
xx

4 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of the high to low hemline..LOVE that last yellow skirt with all the western accessories. 
    Also a huge fan of the maxi..glad to see it is sticking around for a bit:)  C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jaclyn, I am so happy I found your blog through the IT list this week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yellow skirt is great. I love how it looks with the denim shirt. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bummed that some of these trends are not very petite friendly! I think I'm too short for maxi skirts :( I do really like the Western boots and bags though!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!!
xx